You, the contestant (“you” or “your” as the context requires) agree that we may validate your phone number through an electronic process called ‘pinging’. The purpose for this process is only to ensure that the phone number that is registered is a real phone number for entry into the prize draw and for direct marketing purposes as permitted by the Privacy Act.Information that is defined as “personal information” pursuant to the Privacy Act will be collected, used, disclosed, held and managed in accordance with the Privacy Act. This personal information includes:
- • the information you choose to provide us when you voluntarily register, such as your name, address, date of birth, and telephone number; and
- • the information you provide when you answer questions on our website to participate in contests, such as information regarding you and your household, your demographic and lifestyle, your buying behavior, and your preferences and interests in relation to products, communication and media.
- • information about the pages you view, and the links you click, including advertisements,through common internet technologies such as cookies and web beacons, and your IP-address, which is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the internet.
We use and/or disclose your personal information for the purposes of direct marketing as permitted by the Privacy Act. We will not use your personal information for direct marketing unless:
- • We collected information from you:
- • You have a reasonable expectation that your personal information will be used for direct marketing; and
- • We have provided you with an opt-out mechanism and you have not opted out. OR
- • We collected information from you or someone other than you; and
- • You do not have a reasonable expectation that your personal information will be used for direct marketing;
- • but you have given your consent or it is impractical to obtain your consent; and
- • We have provided you with an opt-out mechanism and you have not opted out
- • The personal information we collect also enables us to optimise our service to you by:
- • We collected information from you or someone other than you; and
- • Displaying content and advertising customised to your preferences and interests. For example, offers for pet owners are displayed solely to users with pets.
- • Informing you about our services and products and those of our select partners and prize sponsors from time to time and only with your permission that you provide by opting- in on registration, If you opt-out on registration we will not send you this information.
We also conduct internal surveys, analyse and compile in reports, and collect information in an aggregated form (“aggregated information”). This aggregated information does not identify you. We use the aggregated information to design the offers of our select partners and competition prize sponsors as effectively as possible.
All our competitions will include the following statement:
Promoter may share your information with its service providers and other promotion partners (together, our partners), who may also share your information with their service providers and partners (together, their partners). You agree that we, our partners and affiliates and their respective partners and affiliates (permitted parties) may use your personal information for following purposes:
1. advertising, marketing, and promotional purposes including direct marketing and facilitating direct marketing;
2. creating insights, directing and addressing campaigns, validating, modelling, data matching and aggregating information with other information obtained from other sources and parties;
3. the provision of services and making offers otherwise related to the provision, sending, delivery targeting and facilitating advertising, promotional and direct marketing campaigns to me;
4. appending the information to databases for the purposes of linkage and profiling for digital marketing and campaign purposes;
5. linkage of data, files, records and other information, platforms delivery channels to other data, files, records and information, platforms delivery channels; and
6. facilitating, provisioning, assisting and arranging the deployment of campaigns, advertising, marketing, promotion and related activities to including to assist or facilitate deployment of direct marketing campaigns.
and a photograph of you on one of our internet pages. We may transfer, sell or assign the aggregated information to any entity to which we divest all or a portion of our business, or to such of our clients as we deem appropriate.
Data collection by Third Parties
You consent to us allowing third parties to collect non-identifiable information about your online activities through cookies. This information is related to demographic, behavioral, and usage patterns, collectively referred to as “Preference Data”. This Preference Data reflects users´ interactions with the website.
How Third parties use collected Information
Preference data is analysed, by the third party, to define groups and to group users based on factors such as geography, gender, age, interests and online actions into segments. You could be grouped in to segments such as males interested in cars or females interested in shopping or a household with 2 children looking for real estate. These segments are used by online marketers and advertisers to deliver relevant and specific marketing messages and content to online users.
You can opt out from Third Party Data collection.
You can opt-out from Third Party preference data collection, for Online Behavioural Advertising, using any one of the following methods by:
1. Using the Online Choices opt-out tool provided at on the competition or promotion page. the user can select the company(s) to stop them from collecting Online Behavioural Advertising data.
2. If you ask us the source of our information we will notify you the identity of this source within a reasonable period unless it is impracticable and unreasonable to do so.
The opt-out tool and cookie management via the browsers is specific to each computer and each version and each type of browser. If an opt-out cookie is deleted from the browser’s cookie files or if a different computer, browser version and/or browser type is used, the user will need to repeat the opt-out process.
Access, Complaints, Correction and Deletion of personal information
We will take reasonable steps to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You can access your personal information or make a complaint or request that:
- •Your personal information is corrected. If we correct your personal information that has been disclosed to a third party we will take reasonable steps to inform the third party of the correction.;
- • Your account is deleted; and
- • We provide you with the source of your information unless it is unreasonable or impractical to do so.
Please send us an email, at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to Eight Dragons Digital Pty Ltd, Unit 2/340 Gore Street, Fitzroy, VIC 3065. We will respond within a reasonable
time period. We will provide you with written notice under the Privacy Act if we refuse to correct your personal information. We will take such steps that are reasonable in the circumstance to protect personal information from misuse interference and loss.
If we no longer need your personal information, and law does not otherwise require it, we will take reasonable steps to destroy the information and de-identify it.
We hold all personal information that you submit to us in accordance with the Privacy Act.Your personal information is held and stored in a databank server, which is located in Australia. We do not assume responsibility for the publication of the information due to errors during transmission or due to unauthorised access by third parties. You should be aware that information which you voluntarily reveal over the internet, for example, in discussion forums, via e-mail or in chat rooms can be used by others. We do not monitor the actions of our visitors and registered users. If you reveal personal information, you do so at your own risk and understand that this information can be collected and used by others. Whether you receive unwanted messages or not is up to you because you alone are responsible for the
concealment of your e-mail address.
Unit 2/340 Gore Street, Fitzroy, VIC 3065 Ph 1300 788 109